Community Forums

Share:

R6 - OPUS QUESTION  

Page 1 / 2

warren ward PLS CO OK
(@warren-ward-pls-co-ok)
100+ posts

I have never recorded static or produced OPUS position for an R6 as base. I need to do that now, and as always, I come here first for the answer, advice and pitfalls. I am going to set up on a random control point with R6 and need to eventually know the true position from OPUS. I am in central Oklahoma where I can't figure out how to use any RTK network. 

Thanks!

13 Replies
1 Reply
Norman Oklahoma
(@norman-oklahoma)

2,500+ posts
Posted by: warren ward PLS CO OK

I have never recorded static or produced OPUS position for an R6 as base. I need to do that now, and as always, I come here first for the answer, advice and pitfalls. I am going to set up on a random control point with R6 and need to eventually know the true position from OPUS. I am in central Oklahoma where I can't figure out how to use any RTK network. 

Thanks!

Let me say that the time it takes to figure this out will be time well spent. Your work flow can be set up the base, have it collect for OPUS while you run your RTK, later send that satellite data into OPUS to get a true position for your base, and shift your collected points onto that true position. Thus getting your collected points on a true and repeatable basis with very minimal expenditure of time and effort. 

Norman Oklahoma
(@norman-oklahoma)
2,500+ posts

What are you using as data collection? The data gets stored on board the R6, I think, but the trick is having a controller to start up the collection, then to end it later and download it.

2 Replies
WarrenWard
(@warrenward)

100+ posts

Using TSC3

Norman Oklahoma
(@norman-oklahoma)

2,500+ posts
Posted by: WarrenWard

Using TSC3

With what software on it? Could be Access, could be Survey Pro, could be other things.  

gschrock
(@gschrock)
2,500+ posts

You can get the Configuration Toolbox (download online) and set a new feature in the startup config (without losing your other settings) that it starts collecting static when you turn it on; then you don't need to use the controller to store or initiate the session. Then you get Data Transfer (download online) to retrieve the files. Depending on   the age of the R6 ,it is likely storing .T01 files or .T02 files, and there is another download called Convet to Rinex so you can submit to OPUS.

2 Replies
WarrenWard
(@warrenward)

100+ posts

If I am logging at the base, how do I download that data?

Norman Oklahoma
(@norman-oklahoma)

2,500+ posts
Posted by: WarrenWard

If I am logging at the base, how do I download that data?

Generally speaking, you connect your data collector to the R6 by either bluetooth or wire and use the appropriate functions built into your dc software. Once the file has been transferred to your dc you download like you would any other file.  

thebionicman
(@thebionicman)
2,500+ posts

If you are using Access you can set the survey style to collect the data, then download one of two ways.

I use the Trimble DL app on my android phone. You can control static sessions with it, but more important you can download, email and submit static files with your phone. 

Lee D
(@lee-d)
1,000+ posts

If you're using Access set up a Survey Style and configure the Base Options for Fast Static at 15 (or 30 for OPUS) second epochs and logging device as Receiver. Set the R6 as the Base in Bluetooth Options and start the session using Start Base in your survey style. When you put in the point number it will tell you that the point doesn't exist and you need to supply coordinates at processing time; that's a dummy light just hit OK. Turn off the collector and walk away.

When the session is ready to conclude, turn on the collector, go to GNSS Functions, end the survey, when it asks you if you want to power down say no. Go to Transfer Files (Bottom right-middle) and pull the file off the receiver. The file will now be on the collector for easy downloading. Use Trimble's Convert to RINEX utility to convert the T02 to RINEX.

Page 1 / 2