Community Forums

R10-2 with 672 chan...

Share:

R10-2 with 672 channels  

Page 1 / 8

I. Ben Havin
(@i-ben-havin)
250+ posts

Anyone know the prices yet? Will it include all the options? Or, will you have to ante up for each bell and whistle?

ubenhavin?

69 Replies
LRDay
(@ridge)
2,500+ posts

How many SV's you planning on tracking.  Even if it takes 4 per SV you're at something over 150!

About the most SV's I've seen on a current model R10 is maybe 30.

I. Ben Havin
(@i-ben-havin)
250+ posts
Posted by: LRDay

How many SV's you planning on tracking.  Even if it takes 4 per SV you're at something over 150!

About the most SV's I've seen on a current model R10 is maybe 30.

It's hard for me not to believe the channel thing is mostly marketing. We run a couple R10's (440 channel), and a Leica GS18t (555 channel), but the majority of our GNSS are Leica GS15s (120 channel) tracking GPS, L5, GLONASS and Galileo. The GS15s can hold their own with anything I have seen so far. But, I am still interested in knowing more about the R10-2. 

gschrock
(@gschrock)
2,500+ posts

There are 4 signals on the modernized GPS with a planned 5th.

Galileo has 5 signals, BDS has 3...  plus there are regional systems, SBAS etc.

Applications track the same signal multiple times for various purposes

When  the current constellations are complete you may see as many as 48 sats in view.

Things add up. Yes, I can still amazing results with 2 signals on one constellation and handful of sats.

But, having worked in a multi-constellation environment for a while has me saying - bring em all on...

Different markets, different customers, different needs. Having a gazillion channel;s means nothing if they are not utilized (or eventually will be). Likely the desire was to be able to accommodate all the current, planned, and future signals....

Nate The Surveyor
(@nate-the-surveyor)
5,000+ posts

Only 192 short

Yawn!

Page 1 / 8