NTRIP caster w/ SNI...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

NTRIP caster w/ SNIP  

leegreen
(@leegreen)
1,000+ posts

Anyone here using SNIP for an NTRIP caster via Bluetooth?

I'm looking for assistance setting this up with a Topcon Hiper VR using Bluetooth and a dynamic IP address. So I will need to set up a Dynamic DNS Client such as the suggested RTK2Go.

3 Replies
leegreen
(@leegreen)
1,000+ posts

Oh well, no help.   

However, I figured it out on my own. I can get NTRIP corrections from base to rover now, using cell modem at each side, with SNIP.

Next part to figure out: How to set up a Peer-to-Peer IP connection with NTRIP RTK base and Drone, where the drone gets the correction at the controller.  I want to test if I can get corrections to the drone without cell service. NTRIP only looks for an IP address and port. So if I can create an AdHOC connection, then, in theory, I will not need cell service. The wi-fi range is not a problem as the Base station will be less than 100ft from the Drone controller, where it will receive the NTRIP correction.

John Putnam
(@john-putnam)
1,000+ posts

@leegreen Did you end up using RTK2go?  What version of NTRIP did you use for your account, Rev 1 or Rev 2.  I'm having troubles getting my GS16 base to send data to their caster.  No problems getting any of their mount points to work on the rover.  My account is set up as Rev 2 and I'm beginning to wonder if that is the problem.

Take the next step in your career, PPI will get you there

jt1950
(@jt50)
100+ posts

I have tested rev1 for sending my base corrections to RTK2go. My rover which is located less than 2m from the base was able to receive the corrections from my base mountpt and got a fix in less than 5 minutes.

Can you recommend any other free NTRIP Caster sites similar to RTK2Go.com?

Scroll to Top