Notifications
Clear all

need Help on Topcon Hiper Hardware issue  

Page 1 / 2

Sbaksso
(@sbaksso)
20+ posts

Hello community,

This is my issue: I gave my Topcon Hipper Gb base to a guy in order to fix a power issue (power connector was damaged), he fixed it, but when working in it he accidentally unplugged the connectors in the back front on the receiver (the opposed face to the MINTER, see the attached picture), when he plugged the connectors again, and after testing the receiver, no satellite is tracked even after one hour the receiver is powered on in an area where the rover tracked 9 to 12 satellite, Bluetooth is working fine, TX led is blinking green so I guess radio also is working, the only issue is satellite tracking, so I guess the guy missed something when he connected to cables (he knows nothing about GNSS receivers actually).

I would like if someone here have the same receiver ( the base because when we tried to learn from the rover unit it seems different), if he can help by sending me a picture of the cables as they should be.

Thank you friends.

19 Replies
Sbaksso
(@sbaksso)
20+ posts
5F7355D4 90E0 4D14 A094 6C9020ED30C5

this is a clear picture of the cables as they are connectes now, but satellites tracking is not working. 

Totalsurv
(@totalsurv)
500+ posts

You need to reset unit. Download Topcon Reciever Utility, connect and try each of the reset options, there are a few different types of reset

1 Reply
Sbaksso
(@sbaksso)

20+ posts

@totalsurv thanks for your replay, I just need to be sure if the cables are well connected so there is no hardware issue, then I can connect the receiver to TRU and reset it. 

Javad GNSS

antcrook
(@antcrook)
100+ posts

It is possible the cable came loose from the antenna side. Follow the one from the middle board.

5 Replies
Sbaksso
(@sbaksso)

20+ posts

@antcrook thanks for your replay. Yes I corrected that, the cable coming from the UHF antenna is now connected to radio unit. The problem is still the cable from satellite  antenne to GNSS board. I have no idea where it and how it should be connected.  

antcrook
(@antcrook)

100+ posts

@sbaksso The gnss antenna cable is the one on the top row on the right side. Nothing should be plugged into that middle connector

antcrook
(@antcrook)

100+ posts
antcrook
(@antcrook)

100+ posts

You may need to remove the gnss antenna to get the to port where the connector goes. 

antcrook
(@antcrook)

100+ posts

The longer of the two cables should be used for the gnss antenna.

antcrook
(@antcrook)
100+ posts

I opened up one of my Hiper Lites and it looks like your cables might not be connected right 

6 Replies
Sbaksso
(@sbaksso)

20+ posts

@antcrook thank you very much for your effort, i opened my Hiper + too in order de check but it seems that the G serie (Green Label) is slightly different from the other Hiper models (even my base is different from the rover in that face), we actually didnt touch the GNSS antenne from the other side, the guy just unplugged the cablee showed in the picture, he didnt remove gnss antenna so I guess the cable from that side should be ok but I have no idea how the connexion is made between the gnss antenna and the board. We tried multiple combination of the 3 slot (excluding UHF antenne slot) without any result. 

Sbaksso
(@sbaksso)

20+ posts

5DB18579 8172 4D74 BA59 B7398FCDB98D

antcrook
(@antcrook)

100+ posts

@sbaksso

That is the issue. You need to reconnect that cable back to the gnss port just like it is shown on that photo.

Sbaksso
(@sbaksso)

20+ posts

@antcrook ok thank you I will try to connect that cable and see the result. Thanks I really appreciate your help. 

antcrook
(@antcrook)

100+ posts

@sbaksso I usually remove all the cards and also the antenna, then connect the cable to the antenna and feed it back through the small hole on top of the housing, replace the antenna, then carefully slide the cards back in making sure you don't dislodge that gnss antenna cable. You also need to be careful not to break that white cable when you remove the cards, which is the bluetooth antenna.   

Sbaksso
(@sbaksso)

20+ posts

@antcrook yes I think we missed that, the longer cable must be connected to the gnss antenna connector, Will try to fix this tomorrow and let you know if it worked. Thank u 🙏 for your precious help. 

Page 1 / 2
Scroll to Top