Community Forums

NCAT file format ch...

Share:

NCAT file format chicanery  

Jitterboogie
(@jitterboogie)
250+ posts

Does anyone here know the secret "code" for submitting multipoint files into the NCAT that produces positive and useable results?

I'm submitting a .txt that is CSV formatted and keep getting their empty header data back with an error message.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm defining insanity here at the moment......  😛  

8 Replies
4 Replies
Bill93
(@bill93)

5,000+ posts
Posted by: Jitterboogie

with an error message.

That's what my wife tells me when something doesn't work. My next question is always "What did the message say?"

Jitterboogie
(@jitterboogie)

250+ posts
Posted by: Bill93
Posted by: Jitterboogie

with an error message.

That's what my wife tells me when something doesn't work. My next question is always "What did the message say?"

• Validation Error!One or more input data records failed validation; no results returned for failed records
  • Done!Water_points_address.txt has been processed successfully. Now choose a format to download results

SPMPLS
(@spmpls)

100+ posts
Jitterboogie
(@jitterboogie)

250+ posts
Posted by: SPMPLS

Did you look at the instructions and samples located here?

https://geodesy.noaa.gov/NCAT/readmeUpload.xhtml;jsessionid=254805E391AAD736E9EBA906BBD83E5C

yep.  for about 30 minutes.  and checked my file.  

Ill try to limit the number of data points to groups of 10, and see what happens.  I'm guessing I am overwhelming the "free" conversion tool

Bill93
(@bill93)
5,000+ posts

I notice the examples at the link given above have NO spaces in them and a zero is 0.0 and not just 0.  Some programs are picky about such things, so check your file for such trivia.

1 Reply
Jitterboogie
(@jitterboogie)

250+ posts
Posted by: Bill93

I notice the examples at the link given above have NO spaces in them and a zero is 0.0 and not just 0.  Some programs are picky about such things, so check your file for such trivia.

sample line:

ID,lat,lon,eht,inDatum,outDatum,spcZone,utmZone

THING,39.971732,-104.7657081,N/A,NAD83(2011),NAD83(1986),auto,auto

Also tried with actual numeric value in the 'eht' and the SPC code/UTM for the area too.

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with my accepted Spatial deviance applied by my local county et al......... 

MathTeacher
(@mathteacher)
500+ posts

Seems to work when entered in the online version, leaving ellipsoid height blank.

1 Reply
Jitterboogie
(@jitterboogie)

250+ posts
Posted by: MathTeacher

Seems to work when entered in the online version, leaving ellipsoid height blank.

And I just reran the whole thing and its stellar.  Wonder if there was a cache issue with my browser.

Carry on, thank you for poking.