Community Forums

FIXWEEK is working ...

Share:

FIXWEEK is working still  

Page 1 / 2

John Hamilton
(@john-hamilton)
2,500+ posts

I use a couple of 4700's quite a bit for static, so I use fixweek regularly. I last used it on Saturday for an occupation at a dam for GPS-on-Benchmarks occupation of a BM I established in 2007. 

After reading about issues yesterday, I decided to test it on a fresh occupation today. Worked fine, I ran fixweek, then used teqc to convert to RINEX and it had the correct year and date. 

15 Replies
ACD Surveyor
(@acd-surveyor)
50+ posts

Thanks for the info.

(@marv-d)
5+ posts

I'm fighting with a couple of older Topcon receivers that the file is showing 1999. Is Fixweek just a trimble routien or where  / how can I get it? Seems all but 1 of my receivers is still gathering data, but 5 of 6 of them are showing 1999 instead of 2019.

(@larry-scott)
500+ posts

Is FixWeek a utility for to fix rinex from older gear?

need info on that plz. Editing a rinex with TextPad is easy, but mistakes happen. So if there’s a link, plz share. 

1 Reply
John Hamilton
(@john-hamilton)

2,500+ posts

Fixweek is only for trimble dat files. I wrote it based on detailed knowledge of dat files and some documentation that I have describing the format. I know nothing at all about any other manufacturer's receiver data formats. 

There are easy ways to fix rinex files using teqc, which can be run in batch mode. I think someone on here wrote a routine to fix rinex files...

Loyal
(@loyal)
2,500+ posts

I don't wish to answer for John, but I believe that "fixweek" works on Trimble .DAT files, not RINEX files.

As Larry indicated above, IF you can get to a RINEX format, then "NOTEPAD" (among others)  can be used to correct the date, although you have to be CAREFUL, and have a good understanding of the RINEX format.

Loyal

5 Replies
Bill93
(@bill93)

5,000+ posts
Posted by: Loyal

"NOTEPAD" (among others)  can be used to correct the date, although you have to be CAREFUL, and have a good understanding of the RINEX format.

When running TEQC to create RINEX files, I find it much easier to specify the week number myself , using the option as for instance

-week 2048

It hasn't been necessary to convert my Trimble .dat files to RINEX for use on OPUS, but it gives me the option of specifying the start and end times or excluding satellite numbers if I want.

(@larry-scott)

500+ posts

Editing a rinex file with ‘search and replace’ goes fast, and pretty reliable, regardless of how large the data set is. (Unless you have many files.) It’s easy to get good at and TextPad is very good. 

(@spyropas)

FNG

I manage to change the .o file with the true date but i have to change the .n file as well. I am not sure what . 

(2 19 4 7 16 0 )  . What about that (.000000000000D+00 -.532907051820D-14 147456 1024)

DELTA-UTC: A0,A1,T,W  . Should i change that line ?

Jim Frame
(@jim-frame)

5,000+ posts

I wouldn't bother editing the nav file, I'd just download the generic nav file from NGS or other online source.

(@larry-scott)

500+ posts

Throw the navigation file away. All nav files for a given day are essentially the same. You can retrieve a General nav file online, or copy the nav from another receiver that’s not effected. 

Page 1 / 2