Community Forums

Emlid Launches REAC...

Share:

Emlid Launches REACH RS2 Multi-Band RTK GNSS Receiver with Centimeter Precision  

Page 2 / 3

gschrock
(@gschrock)
2,500+ posts

I've contacted them about doing a quick test. They won't have any of that model in the US until the end of April. Trying to arrange meeting them at a conference and setting up a test area nearby. Will post as soon as we have any data

Mark O
(@mark-o)
100+ posts

I guess I'll be holding off on an new RTK unit for a couple months. It sucks we're still buying new data collectors running soon to be obsolete and no longer supported Windows 6.5 Mobile. 

It was bound to happen, how soon before Carlson writes SurvCE app on Android?

Mark Silver
Vendor
(@mark-silver)
500+ posts

Engine (I think): https://www.u-blox.com/en/product/zed-f9p-module

Gavin: Are you going to get a pair or a net-rover? (I volunteer Mr. Robot to test on, try to get a serial cable.)

Antenna Calibration: relative or absolute?

Radio: FCC Certified yet?

1 Reply
gschrock
(@gschrock)

2,500+ posts

So many unknowns at this point. Will ask all of those. 

First look will be at a conference at the end of April when they have will have a pair on this side of the pond...

Both very skeptical and somewhat excited at the same time...

Mark O
(@mark-o)
100+ posts

Never heard of the ZED boards, but here are some of the specs:

184-channel u-blox F9 engine
GPS L1C/A L2C, GLO L1OF L2OF,
GAL E1B/C E5b, BDS B1I B2I,
QZSS L1C/A L2C

Nav. update rate RTK up to 20 Hz1
Position accuracy2 RTK 0.01 m + 1 ppm CEP
Convergence time2 RTK < 10 sec

detritalgeo
(@detritalgeo)
50+ posts

Were you able to meet? Or is there an NDA...

3 Replies
gschrock
(@gschrock)

2,500+ posts

Have not been able to get a hold of some to try out. One of their staff is in the US for some conferences, and we've arranged for a surveyor bud who will meet him at a conference later this month to do a quick test out in the parking lot (simple inverse comparisons). If it looks like it truly can do survey grade, then will get two to do more formal testing. Chip specs look good; cautiously excited...

Will be trying out another low-cost option soon from an outfit called Tersus... there is a whole wave of low cost rovers on the horizon...

detritalgeo
(@detritalgeo)

50+ posts

Yeah, Tarsus even have a basic 'survey' Android app called Nwua... which will also work with NMEA. 

gschrock
(@gschrock)

2,500+ posts

Yep. Looking forward to trying out their 'David' base-rover pair. Awaiting shipment. Chip and antenna specs look great, but like any new gear: cautiously excited.

Page 2 / 3