Are You Ready For The GPS Week Rollover?
ProMark 100, 120, 200, 220 +
MobileMapper 100, 120:
- Download the update file from the Trimble file source. Put it (as a .CAB file) on an SD card. The SD card should be 4GB or less so that the device can read it.
- Make sure device battery is fully (or very nearly fully) charged.
- Turn on the device. Wait for it to fully boot.
- From the ‘File Explorer’ on the mobile device (NOT ON YOUR PC!) navigate to the card and then click on the .CAB file. The installer will auto-run. (You can find the ‘File Explorer’ under Start(flag), Programs then drag up.)
- When/if asked to ‘overwrite existing’ answer yes.
- When asked to ‘Choose a location…’ pick ‘Device’, then click ‘Install’
- Blue bar moves across screen,
then receiver reboots,
wait until receiver
then ‘GNSS Upload’ will appear,
a new blue bar will slowly move across the screen listing ‘File : gnss_Hm27.bin’,
next the bar returns to left and then quickly moves to right,
finally device returns to main menu.
- You can verify that update was succesfull:
Start(flag): GNSS Toolbox: About:
GNSS Toolbox Version: 3.5.3
GNSS Service: Version 2.5.1
GNSS Firmware: Hm27
System Firmware: W215
I know one issue I have is upgrading the Firmware in my Hiper II's. I am running a couple of newer Rangers with my GPS and when I upgrade the firmware, they stop working. It appears that after doing this in the past and having problems I would have to pay for an OAF file or Legacy file for the Hipers to make them work with the Rangers if I upgrade firmware. I'm hoping to get by doing nothing.
I have PM500 with v4 firmware could i update to the v6.8 ?
And what about the fast survey software of the MMCX controller in v2.3.5? Is there any chance of incompatibility ?