[Sticky] Requesting Support (READ BEFORE POSTING)
Issues with specific posts
If you have an issue with a specific post in the Community forum (whether posted by you or someone else), please use our Report feature. You'll find a Report button associated with every post in the forum. This is by far the best way to request support regarding specific forum posts.
Check to see if the problem has already been addressed
When you have a problem with the website, the best first step is to search the Support Forums. To start a search, you can click the magnifying glass icon on the right side of the forum navigation menu, then type in your search term(s) and hit enter. You will be taken to a search results page, where you can then narrow down the results. If you don't find the answers you are looking for, please continue reading below.
Help us help you
Most of the problems reported to us are resolved due to an issue in the user's browser or computer. I know that sounds a bit cocky, but the statistics don't lie. Either way, it's a good idea for you to do some of your own troubleshooting prior to contacting us.
For the most part, the first thing we would ask you in response to a support request is if you have refreshed your browser cache. This is easily the #1 issue, especially after an update of the site's design, layout, and/or functionality. This isn't just for desktops and laptops -- it also applies to phones and tablets. For information about how to refresh your browser cache, please visit: http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/
If none of that worked, request help from us
For all support requests, please post a message in our Support Forum. If you are unable to post in the Support Forum, you can use our contact form. When posting in the Support Forum, please post ONE ISSUE PER TOPIC so we can keep track of them individually and mark them as "Solved" as we tend to them. Note: If you add unrelated replies to existing posts, those replies may be deleted or ignored completely since they are not related to the original post. Please stay on topic or start your own support topic if it's not already covered.
It is also very helpful if you provide more information about your computing environment. Some information that might be helpful to us:
- Operating system and version
- Browser and version you are using
- Antivirus or antimalware apps being used
- Did you refresh your browser cache and try again?
- Take screenshots; fully describe the problem and the errors
It's better to overkill with information than to not provide enough. Simply saying something doesn't work does not help us at all. There are literally thousands (maybe millions) of potential scenarios. Help us help you.
Some things you shouldn't do
- Don't send multiple support requests through emails, Facebook messages, private forum messages, tweets, contact form submissions, text messages, and phone calls within minutes (even seconds) of each other. If you submit a support request and don't hear something within 24 hours, then yes, please follow up.
- Don't be an ass. If you are going to act like a spoiled jerk when you ask for support, you'll either receive an appropriate response telling you to pound sand, or you'll be completely ignored and/or banned. There is no need for you to act like a toddler that didn't get his toy. Sure, you may be frustrated, but we are here to help you.