Community Forums

Emoji (Smilies) & Y...

Share:

Emoji (Smilies) & You  

RSS
Wendell
(@wendell)
2,500+ posts Admin

Gone are the days of a dropdown menu item containing all the smilies available for posting (although, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of that coming back). If you haven't already heard of Emoji, then a quick nutshell explanation would be to simply say that Emoji are smilies, but standardized across platforms.

Emoji are available for your use here at RPLS Today. All you have to do is use the standard text to create them (just like the good ol' days), or you can copy and paste from a master list. When you submit your post or reply, the text will be converted to Emoji. 😀 🙂 ?

For a list of text combinations that can be used (so you don't have to copy and paste the actual Emoji), check out this Wikipedia entry. No promises that they'll all work though.

Posted : November 29, 2017 11:07 am
Dave Karoly
(@dave-karoly)
10,000+ posts Member

😀

🙂

😉

?

O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? -1 Corinthians 15:55

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 29, 2017 11:53 am
John
 John
(@john)
1,000+ posts Member

? For many of these silly things (that I do like), all I see on this site is a box with something inside. On others, I can actually see what the image is.

Off the top of my head, I am thinking I will be told it's a browser display problem, and I would not disagree.....

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 29, 2017 12:09 pm
Alvin Tostick
(@al)
100+ posts Member

?️

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 29, 2017 12:26 pm
Wendell liked
Wendell
(@wendell)
2,500+ posts Admin
Posted by: John

? For many of these silly things (that I do like), all I see on this site is a box with something inside. On others, I can actually see what the image is.

Off the top of my head, I am thinking I will be told it's a browser display problem, and I would not disagree.....

Not all of the text codes will work. The safest bet is to cut and paste from the master list.

I'm still toying with ways to help with the browser issues.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 29, 2017 12:29 pm
Wendell
(@wendell)
2,500+ posts Admin
Posted by: Alvin Tostick

?️

I'm watchin' you too, buddy.  😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 29, 2017 12:30 pm

Javad GNSS

Stephen Ward
(@stephen-ward)
1,000+ posts Member

I guess I'm just blessed..........the keyboard on my Note 8 has an emoji key to the left of the space bar where I can insert just about anything that I can think of.?????????????????☺????????????☠??????‍⚕️✌???♿☢⤵️⤴️?✡?☮☯️

Oh look, I've even got one for Angel's Louis Vuitton man purse. ???

Okay I'll quit before Wendell puts me in time-out for being a brat.

Never let someone owe you more than you can afford to lose.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 29, 2017 3:56 pm
Wendell liked
A Harris
(@a-harris)
5,000+ posts Member

?

Thanks for the reminder

S5 has that feature, I forget half of what smart phones are capable of.

RPLS NE Texas
d[-_-]b

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 29, 2017 5:40 pm
John
 John
(@john)
1,000+ posts Member

Are they capable of making a phone call? Especially without breaking up all over the place? 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 29, 2017 6:05 pm
Stephen Ward
(@stephen-ward)
1,000+ posts Member
Posted by: John

Are they capable of making a phone call? Especially without breaking up all over the place? 🙂

If you were asking about the Note 8, then yes.  It's as good or better than the Note 3 that I've used for the last several years.  My basement office is the only place where I've had issues with either one.  Basically, I'm nearly equidistant between my carrier's tower and one that I can roam on.  I'm at the ragged edge of the coverage for both and something as simple as turning my head can cause it to lose signal and switch towers.  I've been accused of having a thick skull.......maybe that's the answer.

Never let someone owe you more than you can afford to lose.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 29, 2017 6:27 pm
don blameuser
(@don-blameuser)
1,000+ posts Member

Test on iPad

?

If you smile at me I will understand.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 29, 2017 7:08 pm