Community Forums

Don't reply to ...

Share:

Don't reply to notifications via email  

RSS
Wendell
(@wendell)
2,500+ posts Admin

As with most websites, notifications are exactly that -- notifications. They are courtesy notifications to let you know that you need to return to the website to follow-up on them. Simply replying to notifications via email will only send the reply to me, not the intended recipient.

Replying to a notification in email could be a problem. One possible scenario: One evening over a beer, John tells Bob about a secret code that would allow anyone to walk into any bank and receive $1,000,000 one time without any obligation. So Bob sends a message to John here in the forum asking about that code. John replies to the notification via email, providing the secret code. Sorry Bob, Wendell's the one who will be rolling in those greenbacks.

Note also that the notifications instruct you not to reply to them by pointing out that you need to return to RPLS Today to respond. They even give you a link to click that takes you directly to the conversation so you can easily reply. 🙂

Posted : 23/06/2015 11:56 am
Wendell
(@wendell)
2,500+ posts Admin

TTT

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2017 8:59 am
Nate The Surveyor
(@nate-the-surveyor)
5,000+ posts Member

I'd like ALL notifications off. I've turned off all i can find, but my inbox is full of stuff... Wendell, would you mind re directing it to Alaska, where it won't be in my inbox?
Thanks!
N

Surveying is more than a Job----it is a passion to provide a foundation for future generation, that is beyond reproach.

Nate

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2017 7:10 pm
FL/GA PLS.
(@flga-pls-2-2)
2,500+ posts Member

[USER=1]@Wendell[/USER]

if John is mad at Bob would you ask John to send me the secret code? 🙂

"I,d rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead"....Jimmy Buffett
"All I know is, if you look around at the human race you've got to wonder what the hell God was thinking!" ...Lee Marvin, "Paint Your Wagon"

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2017 4:18 am