Community Forums

Share:

New Surveyor Promo Video Released at TAPS  

RSS
makerofmaps
(@makerofmaps)
500+ posts Member

A new promo video was release at the Tennessee Association of Professional Surveyors’ Annual Conference. Enjoy.

Measure it with a micrometer, mark it with chalk, and cut it with an ax.

Posted : 08/03/2019 4:55 pm
Topic Tags
gschrock
(@gschrock)
2,500+ posts Member

Very well done and spot-on message!

Might have liked to see a hard hat when working in the ROW  😉

"Things are only impossible until they're not!"   -  Jean-Luc Picard

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/03/2019 8:43 am
Sergeant Schultz
(@sergeant-schultz)
500+ posts Member
Posted by: gschrock

Might have liked to see a hard hat when working in the ROW  😉

I've always wondered what the hell good a hard hat does you when working out in the open?

Zwei weitere Biere, bitte

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/03/2019 5:52 am
gschrock
(@gschrock)
2,500+ posts Member

Please note that I said that about a hard hat in the ROW. As in right of way where it is often a requirement.  Hey if people wanna work without personal protection that's fine but they might end up with a fine.  And I am not letting anybody on my crew work without PPE where it is required. I had a bolt that was flung up from a truck tire that put a heck of a mark on my hard hat and would have done worse to my bare head if I was stubborn enough to wanna work without a hard hat in ROW. I don't think that sending a message to perspected surveyors that we condone flaunting the rules and work in a dangerous manner is a really good message. I just suggested that in this otherwise amazing video that that detail could have been added.

"Things are only impossible until they're not!"   -  Jean-Luc Picard

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/03/2019 10:14 am
party chef
(@party-chef)
500+ posts Member

For whatever reason motorists show more respect to a person in a hard hat, it sends the message that you are working and have jurisdiction whereas just jumping out  a vest makes them feel like you are an outsider to be disregarded.

The motorist is a fickle animal and understanding their behavior can be difficult but I think a hard hat does more than a sign to command their respect. 

Purely anecdotal analysis of course, and I wear eye protection when working in the woods so I might just be more into ppe than most. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/03/2019 11:46 am
Brad Ott and gschrock liked
Richard Imrie
(@richard-imrie)
1,000+ posts Member

Some time ago I saw a news film (might have been on Country Calendar) about a totally blind farmer, who with the assistance of his wife was still working the farm. He lost sight in the first eye by what they think was a stray shotgun pellet, from a shot fired by a neighbouring farmer. He lost the second eye when tractor mowing a field, he was looking back at the mower and ran over some fence wire that was hidden in the grass and it flicked up and hit him in the eye.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/03/2019 12:07 pm
Brad Ott liked

Javad GNSS

Brad Ott
(@brad-ott)
2,500+ posts Member

“and I wear eye protection when working in the woods”

me too

Beer Leg dot com R O C K S ! !
If you find this forum valuable, then click here https://rplstoday.com/donate/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/03/2019 12:59 pm
Richard Imrie
(@richard-imrie)
1,000+ posts Member

Fortunately, as per the video, natural sun protection, i.e. face-fuzz, is in fashion at the moment.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/03/2019 1:17 pm
BrandonA and Brad Ott liked