Surveying Departmen...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Surveying Department Head at Multi-Discipline Engineering Firm - Eastern PA  

Alan Chyko
(@alan-chyko)
100+ posts

Barry Isett & Associates is looking for a new head for their surveying department.  Details are in the link, but looking for a forward-thinking manager who wants to head up staff currently in 5 offices with an eye toward expansion into Central PA.

Full disclosure - this opening is looking for my replacement.  I am hoping to transition back to more surveying duties as opposed to management.  This is an excellent company to work for, I have just concluded that management is not for me at the moment!

4 Replies
Paul in PA
(@paul-in-pa)
5,000+ posts

How do you properly cover 5 offices?

The job description sounds like they are looking for a surveying grunt. I would have imagined that job should be held by a person at the corporate vice-president level and be sought out via a professional head hunter.

Paul in PA

Norman Oklahoma
(@norman-oklahoma)
5,000+ posts

They want somebody to oversee 5 offices, staff, bring in work be able to draft, attend evening meetings and that person "may research, assist in, or make recommendations on the purchasing of equipment and/or software needed by the department." May?!?! F that. Anybody with all that responsibility better be given a budget and the freedom to acquire whatever equipment he/she believes is needed, period.   

1 Reply
James Fleming
(@james-fleming)

5,000+ posts

@norman-oklahoma

Not to bust on the OP, but this is the one that stuck out to me:

"Work closely with the executive team to set goals and business objectives for the department"

I'm a survey department head and I wouldn't have taken the position if I wasn't on "the executive team"

Oscar with Calibration-Free Tilt Compensation - Tersus GNSS

James Fleming
(@james-fleming)
5,000+ posts
Posted by: @paul-in-pa

How do you properly cover 5 offices?

You hire five survey office managers

Scroll to Top