Upgrade and save 50%

Community Forums

Construction and transportation surveying opportunities in Texas  

RSS

SurveySean
(@surveysean)
FNG Member
November 18, 2018 4:51 pm  
  • Hello all. This question is geared to those who live and work in Texas.  Looking into the possibility of land surveying jobs in the state of Texas in the future.  Lifetime new England resident,  CT.. I would like to know how different surveying is down there as compared to up here, climate differences,  economy, job security etc. Basically an overall picture. My background is in civil construction mostly highway and infrastructure,  and some boundary, GPS planning and also Cad drafting. I would consider myself mid career . Not CT licensed but have over 14 years in the field,  half of which as a party chief. The economics of the state I live in seem really bleak. I am looking down the road for other more promising and viable options. I realize this may be a broad question but , I appreciate any input from members of the community. 

ReplyQuote
A Harris
(@a-harris)
5,000+ posts Member
November 19, 2018 11:21 am  

There are many opportunities any eager surveyor would welcome.

If you are serious about moving to Texas I would enjoy a conversation.

harrissurv at yahoo

RPLS NE Texas
d[-_-]b

ReplyQuote
Andy Nold
(@andy-nold)
1,000+ posts Member
December 5, 2018 11:43 am  

http://www.transgloballlc.com/careers.html

Cost of living is probably higher, not sure what paygrade you're at but there is good money in surveying here http://www.becomeatexassurveyor.com/students/  (The salary survey referenced is from 2009 and from what I have seen it has definitely gone up). Warmer winters but warmer summers. West Texas is GPS heaven with minimal trees. Lots of work in the oil and gas area as well as most of the big cities are booming right now too. I think the title is a little easier to trace since you don't usually have deeds from before the 19th century. 

“A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man!” - Jebediah Springfield

ReplyQuote
PPI Curated Bundles -- Everything you need to pass

Working

Please Login or Register