Upgrade and save 50%

Community Forums

Western Federation of Professional Surveyors  

RSS

gschrock
(@gschrock)
2,500+ posts Member
January 12, 2018 8:15 am  

Just an FYI. Attached is a letter from the chair of the western directors council of the NSPS concerning murmurings from some folks in one state considering leaving WestFed.

I had not heard about this and have not heard views from both sides, but thought it was important to circulate this letter. What do folks in the western states think of this issue (or is it really a non-issue coming from a relative few folks)?

When I think about Neapolitan ice cream, three words come to mind...

ReplyQuote
Warren Smith
(@warren-smith)
500+ posts Member
January 12, 2018 8:29 am  

Gavin,

Amanda is spot on about the various levels and combinations of surveying associations, groups, leagues, committees and the like.  The points of intersection of various representative members add cohesion to the interactions with other like-minded organizations.  It is indeed short-sighted to characterize them as redundant or even inefficient.  It is what makes representation in forums outside of one's specialty have a meaningful impact.  Of course, this requires insight from those in positions with a larger sphere of influence to place into context input from different sources.

[insert pithy saying here]

JBStahl liked
ReplyQuote
Norman Oklahoma
(@norman-oklahoma)
2,500+ posts Member
January 12, 2018 9:08 am  

I like the idea, implemented several years back, which has state surveying societies -instead of individual surveyors- being the members of NSPS. Perhaps the idea should be extended to have WestFed, and other regional surveyor organizations, woven into that fabric.  

"Convention is like the shell to the chick, a protection till he is strong enough to break it through." Learned Hand

ReplyQuote
iGage IG8
Yes No

Working

Please Login or Register