Community Forums

Share:

TSPS Oct 19 - Session suggestions?  

gschrock
(@gschrock)
2,500+ posts

I was contacted by the TSPS about presenting at the Oct event.

There is a conference committee, but thought I'd ask any TX folks on RPLS Today (who might attend that event) for any suggestions for topics.

I usually do 3 state conferences a year, and like doing GNSS, monitoring, boundary, and new tech... but mostly things related to anything I've written. I have to do these on my own time and dime (cannot accept any honorarium) which is OK, but would rather not waste anyone's time at the event if there was no strong topic desired.

Any ideas? Be nice...  😀

2 Replies
RADAR
(@dougie)
2,500+ posts

I got nothing but rave reviews from everyone that attended the Hands on GNSS you presented for me a couple of years ago. Having vendors and equipment, logging into a network was head and shoulders above a standard "This is How GNSS Works" standard seminar...

Food for thought...

A Harris
(@a-harris)
5,000+ posts

The latest trend for a successful seminar are programs that demonstrates what you did on an actual project that was away from the normal day in the field and would have been a court case or how the new technology was utilized to perform a normal project in much less time, boundary in mind when possible and especially when there is some significant historical reference in the dialogue.