Community Forums

Share:

Recording experience for SIT  

Page 1 / 3

Pole Cat
(@pole-cat)
5+ posts

Hi again, im a little embarassed to ask who is keeping track of the hours I work to be submitted for the SIT?  Should I be keeping a log of the communications with my PLS? Is he doing it?  Im a little in the dark

17 Replies
A Harris
(@a-harris)
5,000+ posts

Everyone beginning in the survey industry should keep a record diary that contains the information of each day's events at work.

I kept mine on a yearly event calendar that bank's gave to customers at the end of each physical year.

1 Reply
Richard Imrie
(@richard-imrie)

1,000+ posts
Posted by: A Harris

Everyone beginning in the survey industry should keep a record diary that contains the information of each day's events at work.

I kept mine on a yearly event calendar that bank's gave to customers at the end of each physical year.

For quite some time there I thought you meant Banks gave your diary out to customers at the end of each year (so that customers could see what you'd been up to?). It's been a long Monday.

A Harris
(@a-harris)
5,000+ posts

It would have been a list of clients and a brief description of the job.

Kinda like a list of references.

Murphy
(@murphy)
100+ posts

I jotted mine down in a field book.  Last I knew, Vermont had one of the most all encompassing breakdowns of time.  Take a look at their Land Surveyor Portfolio to get an idea of the level of detail some states require.  NC and Maine, where I'm licensed, required only general breakdowns such as deed research, drafting, fieldwork, writing of descriptions, etc.. Generally, the sooner you start browsing through the specific requirements to be licensed in your state(s), the better.

Pole Cat
(@pole-cat)
5+ posts

Wow Vermont looks hefty.  Im in Massachusetts if that helps.  I keep a time sheet with descriptions of what I do every day, but from what you all are saying, it would be considered minimal.  Maybe an agenda is needed...  If anyone has information related directly to Massachusetts that would be fantastic.

Page 1 / 3