Community Forums

Share:

Feelings about Landmen......  

Page 2 / 3

paden cash
(@paden-cash)
5,000+ posts

Most of them I've met are fairly professional.  My brother Holden is an attorney and had a good gig chasing minerals with a healthy daily rate and per diem.  I helped him in '09 and '10 when things got slow.  It's a good exercise in chasing records other than surface title.

But I have seen a few reports put together by numbskulls.  And a 100 year old courthouse with thirty land men crammed in the Registrar of Deeds Office (all waiting on the same Section Book) is a sight reminiscent of hogs at a feed trough.  Some of them even smell similar...

1 Reply
Jitterboogie
(@jitterboogie)

250+ posts
Posted by: paden cash

Most of them I've met are fairly professional.  My brother Holden is an attorney and had a good gig chasing minerals with a healthy daily rate and per diem.  I helped him in '09 and '10 when things got slow.  It's a good exercise in chasing records other than surface title.

But I have seen a few reports put together by numbskulls.  And a 100 year old courthouse with thirty land men crammed in the Registrar of Deeds Office (all waiting on the same Section Book) is a sight reminiscent of hogs at a feed trough.  Some of them even smell similar...

I like the theme your parents seemed to take whilst naming you and your siblings.....

A Harris
(@a-harris)
5,000+ posts

Every once in a blue moon I will go to the clerk's office and it will be full of them, shoulder to shoulder for a week to months and then poof they are all gone.

They go to where a company is trying to lease everything they can for the oil and gas rights and gaining access.

I know many of them and work for them on occasion.

I staked one of the most high pressure wells ever drilled back in the 70s and before they could bring it to production it blewout somewhere underground and they had to seal it off.

Took nearly 20yrs for them to find that pocket again. Was at the NE part of the intersection of Texas Hwy 155 and US Hwy 259 where a machine shop sits now.

They hit paydirt again west of 259 a couple of times since.

I enjoy staking wells, especially since GPS arrived.

Just A. Surveyor
(@just-a-surveyor)
1,000+ posts

I don't roll that way but if have feelings for these Landmen then what happens in your private life is your business.

We just don't need the details if you go full Broke Back Mountain.

4 Replies
Loyal
(@loyal)

2,500+ posts
Posted by: Just A. Surveyor

I don't roll that way but if have feelings for these Landmen then what happens in your private life is your business.

I don't get it????

Just A. Surveyor
(@just-a-surveyor)

1,000+ posts
Posted by: Loyal

I don't get it????

I thought I was being clever responding as if the original poster was having romantic feelings for these Landmen. Apparently I was not clever at all. 

Loyal
(@loyal)

2,500+ posts

I don't get it????

I thought I was being clever responding as if the original poster was having romantic feelings for these Landmen. Apparently I was not clever at all. 

I guess that I am just getting "slow" in my old age...

Jitterboogie
(@jitterboogie)

250+ posts

I don't get it????

I guess that I am just getting "slow" in my old age...

NO.  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

No romance or even slight affinity towards, just wondering how other people perceive them, in general, not like in a biblical way.   😳  

A Harris
(@a-harris)
5,000+ posts

Their only romance is spelled "liquid gold" or "production rights".

1 Reply
Jitterboogie
(@jitterboogie)

250+ posts
Posted by: A Harris

Their only romance is spelled "liquid gold" or "production rights".

or conveyance easement........

RADAR
(@dougie)
2,500+ posts

Image result for dollar sign eyes gif

Page 2 / 3