Community Forums

wtb external georad...

Share:

wtb external georadio 2.4ghz for a Trimble DR200+  

Prosecutor
(@prosecutor)
5+ posts

the one i have is keep losing radio link. I need one asap ty. 

Trimble External Radio GeoRadio 24GHz H25 01 For

5 Replies
Norm Larson
(@norm-larson)
500+ posts

They are hard to get repaired and with Parani's available are really not worth fixing.  See this of many many threads https://rplstoday.com/community/surveying-geomatics/parani-yet-another-thread/

Richard Imrie
(@richard-imrie)
1,000+ posts

Just last week I flipped out my homebrew 433MHz radios and replaced them with Parani's. I kept the same power supplies and boxes and mounts, so it took me (only) about 8 hours to get up and running. Sweet. During the process I kept thinking whether I was performing the last Parani conversion known to mankind - maybe not.

P8291274

P8291275

3 Replies
Norm Larson
(@norm-larson)

500+ posts

@richard-imrie

That's a big regulator!  We are going to use ours next week when an instrument goes in for maintenance, so, you are definitely not the last user.  I am sure that I am done implementing though as you said

Richard Imrie
(@richard-imrie)

1,000+ posts

@norm-larson

The "11.8" on the instrument radio is the main battery voltage - in this case a 12V car battery that powers the instrument, and the radio gets its power from that - with the display alternating between the main battery voltage and the regulated voltage to the Parani, which I set to 5.4V.

On the controller radio, it is powered by one of those 5V USB power packs - I took out the battery (3.7V Lipo?) and its step up regulator, and they sit under the Parani. The trick here is that the power pack powers when there is a near constant demand, but since the radios often go inactive, the powering goes off and does not restart, so I put in the line a low power LED alternating light (about 1Hz I think) and that fools the power pack into staying active.

Norm Larson
(@norm-larson)

500+ posts
Posted by: @richard-imrie

@norm-larson

so I put in the line a low power LED alternating light (about 1Hz I think) and that fools the power pack into staying active.

Way to make it work!

:)
:d
:wink:
:mrgreen:
:neutral:
:twisted:
:arrow:
:shock:
:???:
:cool:
:evil: