Share:

Trimble 5700/5800 RTK System  

Page 4 / 4
  RSS

Survey Joe
(@josephkeeleyoutlook-com)
FNG Member
January 29, 2019 5:22 pm  

Thanks Skeeter1996, not sure if Drratiug-survey was still interested. I'll message you. Familiar with the system, just been a few years. As for CAD software, definitely want Carlson. But also expensive, so is it possible to just start with AutoCAD LT for boundary? That's only $315/year right now. Thanks

ReplyQuote
Stephen Ward
(@stephen-ward)
1,000+ posts Member
January 29, 2019 7:09 pm  

Carlson Survey is listed at $1750 but you might do better through a dealer (they often have unpublished discounts available).  If that is too stiff for you at the moment, look at Carlson iCAD.  It lists for $595 and is basically the Intellicad engine with a few handy features like the ability to annotate bearings, distances, arcs, etc. that I doubt would be in AutoCAD LT.

This post was modified 2 months ago by Stephen Ward

Never let someone owe you more than you can afford to lose.

ReplyQuote
Skeeter1996
(@skeeter1996)
500+ posts Member
January 29, 2019 9:03 pm  

The CAD program needs to be able to import and export coordinates. I started out with AutoSketch which probably was the Grandfather to AutoCadLT. I have Civil3D 2008 now. It's expensive and an upgrade costs the same as a complete new program .I'm migrating to Carlson which upgrades are only $248 per year. So far the program has accepted everytype of drawing format I've read into it. The amount of menu commands is a little daunting.

I haven't heard a word from DrRatuig-Survey. You never know when someone is just stringing you along on here.

I got my Carlson for $1000 for Survey and added GIS for another $300-$400. You can get deals from different Dealers if you shop. I got it during a State Surveyor's Conference. Carlson is very competitive. I'm sure they will make you a deal.

ReplyQuote
Drratiug-survey
(@drratiug-survey)
20+ posts Member
January 30, 2019 9:10 am  

Sorry I did not get back to you sooner, my apologies if it seemed I was stringing you along.  That was not my intention. 

I am not ready to make the purchase right now, so If Survey Joe is up to purchasing the GPS, go for it!

ReplyQuote
Skeeter1996
(@skeeter1996)
500+ posts Member
January 30, 2019 9:32 am  

No problem.  He just thought I was obligated to you and was being polite.

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4