Texas Instruments T...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Texas Instruments TI-55 for FREE  

NotSoMuch
(@notsomuch)
100+ posts

Knowing this forum as I do, I wouldn't be surprised if someone wanted this vintage Ti-55.

All I would ask for is $5 to cover postage.

I have the calculator and instruction book only.

The case, battery pack and AC adapter are not present.

I'm pretty sure it worked when I packed it away 15 years ago, but I have no way of knowing now.

I'll leave this posted for a couple of weeks.  After that it will be going to the big electronics recycler in the sky....

Jeff

4 Replies
NotSoMuch
(@notsomuch)
100+ posts

Bump TTT.

MathTeacher
(@mathteacher)
1,000+ posts

2 Replies
NotSoMuch
(@notsomuch)

100+ posts

@mathteacher  Thanks for the link but that's nothing I want to tackle.  I prefer to use my HP-41CX for the limited amount of desktop calculating I need to do....   RPN rules!

MathTeacher
(@mathteacher)

1,000+ posts

@notsomuch

I thought somebody else might want to meet that challenge and take the old TI off your hands.

When I started teaching in 2001, I had my first introduction to graphing calculators. In NC the standard was a TI81.

Just as I was with original scientific calculators, I was blown away. With that calculator, we could actually solve equations graphically as well as display perfectly accurate graphs. The old scientific calculators had eliminated the need for trig tables and these graphing calculators eliminated the need for graph paper. Amazing!

Of course, that was only the beginning, and now many advanced math teachers are calling for replacing calculators altogether with computers. Computer graphs are bigger, software is more capable and computers used for math prepare students better for industry.

As you pointed out, newer is usually better, but somebody ought to want that machine.

X-PAD Ultimate from iGage

Scroll to Top