Notifications
Clear all

For Sale - Leica precision traverse set  

Page 1 / 3

Gene Kooper
(@gene-kooper)
1,000+ posts

Leica precision traverse set for sale.  Traverse set includes:

2 GDF-21 tribrachs (near new condition, slight scuffing of the 3 pads on the bottom of the tribrachs)

1 Wild Heerbrugg GZR3 precision carrier with optical plummet (very clean with 2 small paint chips)

1 Leica GZR3 precision carrier with optical plummet (very clean with 3 small paint chips)

2 Leica GPH1P precision prisms (near new condition with only a "1" and "2" scribed on the back of the prisms)

2 Leica precision targets (I can include 2 shields and 2 lights for night or underground work)

1 Leica orange traverse case

The two tribrachs are light green in color.  The two GZR3 carriers are the classic Wild green in color.  I purchased the GPH1P prisms from a New York surveyor who used them indoors.  One of his industrial measurement projects was highlighted in a Professional Surveyor Magazine feature article (March 2009 issue).

Photos available upon request via PM or email c e kooper at gmail dot com

12 Replies
Stephen Ward
Supporter
(@stephen-ward)
1,000+ posts

Email sent.

Gene Kooper
(@gene-kooper)
1,000+ posts

Some photos.  The only marks on the prisms are numerals "1" and "2" etched on the backs to allow tracking of the two prisms during a traverse.

Leica TS 12
Leica TS 10
Leica TS 06
Leica TS 04
Leica GPH1P No2 01
Leica GPH1P No1 01

The prism have a locking screw that fixes the prisms in horizontal positions.  I also conducted a test to check the offsets of each prism + carrier that I can forward to anyone interested in the traverse set.

Leica GPH1P No2 09
Leica GPH1P No2 08

Visit NLC Prep Today!

A Harris
(@a-harris)
5,000+ posts

Those are what you use when you are serious.

Great pics and thanks for sharing.

The lucky person with a set of those can not blame their closure on the equipment.

Gene Kooper
(@gene-kooper)
1,000+ posts

Bumping this to the top as an interested party turned shy.  One of the things they expressed an interest in is whether I had a Wild ZNL plummet to go with the traverse set.  I don't have a ZNL, but do have a ZBL that I will sell with the traverse set.

The Wild ZBL is both a zenith and a nadir plummet.  There is a knurled knob at the front of the plummet that switches between the two modes (see photos below).  The plummet comes with a Wild tribrach with fisheye bubble and a leather carrying case in good condition; no dry rot.  There are two plate bubbles set at 90° to each other.  While it comes with a tribrach, the plummet will fit in any Wild/Leica tribrach.  My main use for it is to plumb under mine spads when doing underground surveying and for accurate setups at calibrated base lines.

The ZBL plummet has a published accuracy that lies between the GZR3 precision carrier and the Wild ZNL and the scope is 10x.  The accuracy is 1:10,000, while the GZR3 is 1:3000 (0.5mm in 1.5 m) and the ZNL is 1:30,000.

ZBL 02
ZBL 03
ZBL 05
ZBL 06
ZBL 07
ZBL 08
ZBL 09
ZBL 10
ZBL 11
Page 1 / 3
Scroll to Top