FIG Young Surveyors Network

Community Forums

Books / Exam Prep Material  

RSS

GPESS
(@gpess)
5+ posts Member
July 24, 2018 12:15 pm  

I have several books for sale. Prices include shipping.  Feel free to make mean offer on these items. Dont think I can get private messages here on the site.  Thanks for looking. 

1. Clark on Surveying & Boundaries, Sixth Edition ($45)
  2. 1001 Solved Surveying Fundamental Problems, Second Edition ($35)
  3. Brown's Boundary Control & Legal Principles,  Seventh Edition ($55)
  4. NCEES Fundamentals of Surveying Sample Questions and Solutions ($25)

ReplyQuote
GPESS
(@gpess)
5+ posts Member
July 24, 2018 7:34 pm  

Book #2 has been sold. 

ReplyQuote
GPESS
(@gpess)
5+ posts Member
July 24, 2018 8:13 pm  

Book #3 has been sold. 

ReplyQuote
GPESS
(@gpess)
5+ posts Member
July 26, 2018 11:02 am  

Book #4 has been sold. 

ReplyQuote
Steven Metelski
(@steven-metelsky)
50+ posts Member
July 27, 2018 5:25 am  

Good prices.

I actually have a first or second edition browns boundary gifted to me from my mentor. Not selling it. Just bragging, even if it's worth nothing!

My search right now is for Skelton.

NJPLS

GPESS liked
ReplyQuote
Jon Collins
(@jon-collins)
250+ posts Member
August 9, 2018 6:46 pm  

Book 2 was worth a couple hundred

ReplyQuote

Upgrade and save 50%

SellmanA
(@crashbox)
250+ posts Member
August 10, 2018 6:06 am  
Posted by: Steven Metelski

[SNIP]

[/SNIP]

I wish you the best on finding a copy at a reasonable price. Lexis® Law Publishing issued a second edition in 1997 and it sure wasn't in print for very long, unfortunately. I really wish they'd print another batch even though I have my own copy.

The worst surveyor is an engineer who thinks they are a surveyor; the second worst surveyor is an appliance operator.

ReplyQuote
James Fleming
(@james-fleming)
5,000+ posts Member
August 10, 2018 6:15 am  

Somehow I think the guy asking $3,214.79 is going to be waiting a while for a buyer

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0672800853/ref=tmm_hrd_used_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=1533906801&sr=8-1

“Civilization is not an endless succession of inventions and discoveries, but the task of ensuring that certain things last.”
— Nicolás Gómez Dávila

ReplyQuote
Mark Mayer
(@mark-mayer)
1,000+ posts Member
August 10, 2018 6:24 am  
Posted by: SellmanA
Posted by: Steven Metelski

[SNIP]

[/SNIP]

I wish you the best on finding a copy at a reasonable price. Lexis® Law Publishing issued a second edition in 1997 and it sure wasn't in print for very long, unfortunately. I really wish they'd print another batch even though I have my own copy.

Lexis did a faithful reprint of the original at that time. I got one from them for $15. Same color red cover as the original.

There was also a 2nd edition made up about then. It has a green cover. They had a copy in the University of Oklahoma Law Library. It is something less of a book than the original.

Brown borrowed heavily from Skelton to write BC&LP and E&P.  You have those, you aren't missing much from Skelton.

EDUCATION, n. That which discloses to the wise and disguises from the foolish their lack of understanding.

EXPERIENCE, n. The wisdom that enables us to recognize as an undesirable old acquaintance the folly that we have already embraced.

ReplyQuote
Mark Mayer
(@mark-mayer)
1,000+ posts Member
August 10, 2018 6:27 am  
Posted by: Jon Collins

Book 2 was worth a couple hundred

It will sell for a couple hundred, anyway. The legend of 1001 lives on. There is a current edition of it sold under a slightly different name for less than half that.     

EDUCATION, n. That which discloses to the wise and disguises from the foolish their lack of understanding.

EXPERIENCE, n. The wisdom that enables us to recognize as an undesirable old acquaintance the folly that we have already embraced.

SellmanA liked
ReplyQuote
Upgrade and save 50%

Working

Please Login or Register