Community Forums

Share:

Just when I thought...  

flyin solo
(@flyin-solo)
1,000+ posts

things were slowing down...

came in from a day in the field just now and have 4 unsolicited job offers.  and not "would you like to come interview?"s- straight up "what would it take for you to join us?"

crazy times.  

4 Replies
Jon Collins
(@jon-collins)
250+ posts

Name your price

flyin solo
(@flyin-solo)
1,000+ posts

that's just it- i'm not looking.  even if somebody could pay me what i'm doing being solo and working out of the house, they'd be stupid to do it.  and nobody can touch what i get by being solo: the time and interaction i get with my rapidly growing kids.

1 Reply
Andy Bruner
(@andy-bruner)

1,000+ posts
Posted by: flyin solo

that's just it- i'm not looking.  even if somebody could pay me what i'm doing being solo and working out of the house, they'd be stupid to do it.  and nobody can touch what i get by being solo: the time and interaction i get with my rapidly growing kids.

And that was the point with me working for someone else.  I got off at 5 (usually) and didn't have to worry about payroll, taxes, insurance etc.  I coached my children in sports, attended the games I didn't coach, was able to take the time off to be a chaperone at camps etc.  I'm sure I could have made more money on my own, but the time I spent with my family was worth more than money.

Everyone to their own, you solo fellows have my respect, it just wasn't for me.

Andy

spledeus
(@spledeus)
2,500+ posts

I have considered it but I would likely not be able to work on the side projects that I truly enjoy.