Community Forums

Share:

Accounting Software Woes  

Page 3 / 5

Jim Frame
(@jim-frame)
5,000+ posts

It looks like those guys spent more time fixing the car and getting it unstuck than they did surveying.

Jim Frame
(@jim-frame)
5,000+ posts

I’ve never understood why professionals that are constantly under scrutiny and the general public that “believes” they can do our job better chooses to do another professionals work to save money.

Um, because it saves money?

To quote Bob Dylan, "You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows."  Expanding on the "doing another professional's work" concept:  a carpenter doesn't need to hire a surveyor to level his house foundation forms; all he needs is a reliable level and the modest ability to use it.  Similarly, I don't need to hire a CPA to keep the books for my very simple business, I only need functional software and the ability to navigate the user interface.  For 25 years Peachtree was that software, but now it's time for me to climb the learning curve on another application.

Brad Ott
(@brad-ott)
2,500+ posts

Word, brother Jim, word.

Shelby H. Griggs PLS
(@shelby-h-griggs-pls)
500+ posts

@jim-frame you might try creating a "new" company in Peachtree, bring your balances forward for 01-Jan-2019 and see if it works. We use an old beyond EOL copy of MyMoney for the personal side and had to do that because I think the files got too big. Seems to work fine still, it just quit working one day with the old files.

SHG

Shelby H. Griggs PLS
(@shelby-h-griggs-pls)
500+ posts

@hpalmer yes Intuit seems to be "market leader", and may technically work with the numbers OK, BUT what a kludge piece of software that doesn't even conform to Windows standards. We have looked, alas there doesn't seem to be much to replace it for small businesses or personal users.

SHG

Page 3 / 5