Community Forums

Orientate instrument using two unknown but accessible traverse points.  

Page 3 / 3 Prev
  RSS

Enri_F
(@enri-f)
5+ posts Member
January 11, 2019 11:30 am  

I don't understand, this is not what the topic is about Brad and Norman. I know how to read and interpret what Nate means, and he doesn't need any help , is big enough. I respect him for his experience as every one in here, but his behavior/courtesy wasn't of any good. Let me judge that.

I must be weird I know, but let just focus on the topic.

Wow Lee interesting. But in this case you will need to know the distance AB and slope at least and call A 100;100;10 and B 100,100+dist,10+slope, and then get your unknown, if I am not wrong. You will be able to see the errors and other staff .

What I wanted to do is just tight up one unknown point (station) to two other points of knowing coordinate belonging to a traverse , without using their real coordinates. Its "soft ground" survey, do you call it like this ? 

ReplyQuote
leegreen
(@leegreen)
1,000+ posts Member
January 11, 2019 11:46 am  

Sorry I don't understand what a "soft ground" survey is. In the reference line routine, you would need two points, no slope. You can create points from graphics. The software will compute the horizontal distance. It will also hold the elevation as selected by the end user, from point A, from point B, or the average as state above. 

~LeeGreen.com
Licensed Surveyor in NY
sUAS Remote Pilot

ReplyQuote
Enri_F
(@enri-f)
5+ posts Member
January 11, 2019 12:52 pm  

yes like vegetation line, bank trees ... all of that .

ReplyQuote
dms330
(@dms330)
250+ posts Member
January 12, 2019 9:41 am  

Too funny Nate

David M. Simolo, LS
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY

ReplyQuote
Nate The Surveyor
(@nate-the-surveyor)
5,000+ posts Member
January 13, 2019 7:08 am  

I was not trying to be funny. But, having seen lots of things in my time.... My favorite being a realtor who combined 8 or so deeds, not comprehending that they were on different brg. Systems, he wrote it into one desc. Then, adjoiner had his land surveyed. His surveyor did not do enough deed research. He rejected old fnc corners, that he should not have. (The original surveyor had surveyed to the fnc corners, as per clients instructions), but now they are "off by some feet".

Fools with typewriters, saving "that gouging fee, surveyors charge".... (This was from those days)

Ha ha ha ha

Some of these details have faded... It's been a long time.

N

Surveying is more than a Job----it is a passion to provide a foundation for future generation, that is beyond reproach.

Nate

ReplyQuote
Dave Karoly
(@dave-karoly)
5,000+ posts Member
January 13, 2019 8:37 am  

Nate is right. Truth hurts, I guess.

O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? -1 Corinthians 15:55

ReplyQuote

Javad GNSS

Nate The Surveyor
(@nate-the-surveyor)
5,000+ posts Member
January 13, 2019 4:41 pm  

I wouldn't go that far, Dave.

It does not mean anything.... At this point. Except that we don't know for sure.

What's the rest of the story?

N

Surveying is more than a Job----it is a passion to provide a foundation for future generation, that is beyond reproach.

Nate

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3 Prev
Precision Geosystems, Where Precision Meets Value.

Working

Please Login or Register